Women usually reject shy guys and go for confident guys. Why? Women are attracted to the strength in men (e.g. confidence, masculinity) and turned off by the weakness (e.g. nervousness around women, behaving like a lower-ranking male around other guys).
Overcoming Your Shyness Meeting People
There are many ways to overcome your shyness meeting people:
- Stop thinking in a way that causes shyness: If you think, “I feel shy. People are all judging me. I’m not good enough. I will get rejected. I’m not cool like these people are” then it’s only natural that you will feel shy. However, if you think, “I am on the same level as these people. I’m a great guy. I’m a cool guy and the more that I allow myself to feel confident and believe that, the more charismatic I will be to others. I feel at ease around these people. I like being here. I am welcome here. This is fun” then you will naturally feel more confident than shy. After a while (2-6 weeks), you will naturally think and feel confident all the time and shyness will become a thing of the past for you.
- Believe that you deserve good things: Are you a good, honest guy? Then you deserve to have a great life. You do not have to change who you are and become an arrogant jerk, or put on an act to get women interested in you. You just have to realize that you do deserve to date beautiful, attractive women and then take action to make it happen. If you think that you don’t deserve to have beautiful women in your life, then you’re simply thinking in a way that is causing you to feel insecure.
- Say no sometimes: Guys who suffer from shyness when meeting people are usually those who try too hard to please everyone around them. There’s nothing wrong with being a good guy, but you will experience problems in life if you are too nice and let people take advantage of you or use you.
- Become a confident guy: Confident guys who are successful with women simply have more belief in themselves than you do. While you’re sitting around worrying about being rejected and not being good enough (and feeling shy as a result), a confident guy is interacting with people and knowing that he is good enough.
Which Type of Guy Are You?
A shy guy
- Often waits around in the background, hoping that someone approaches him or invites him into a conversation.
- Usually gets laughed at in a group situation (i.e. becomes the butt of jokes) because he is easy to pick on. People see that he gets nervous and shy, so some of them (e.g. bad boys and jerks) will make fun of him in front of others in an attempt to make themselves look good.
- Feels intimidated around beautiful women and is clearly nervous while talking to them.
- Gets rejected most times he approaches women.
A confident guy
- Is usually the center of attention without any great effort on his part. People feel proud to know him and enjoy his charisma that comes from his unwavering confidence.
- Is seen a leader or alpha male by his friends. They look up to him, rather than making him the butt of jokes.
- Feels relaxed and at ease around beautiful women.
- Women are impressed by his confidence and he usually gets a phone number, kiss or sex on the first night he meets a woman.
I think it’s obvious which guy we all want to be. I used to be a shy guy and after growing tired of rejection and loneliness, I went on a journey of personal transformation to become a truly confident guy. My name is Dan Bacon and I founded The Modern Man because I have been in your shoes and I know how much it sucks to experience shyness when meeting people and when meeting women. The Modern Man is designed to get you out of the starting gate and to the finish line with women. Total dating success is within your reach. If you are sincerely interested in overcoming your shyness meeting people, then get started here.