Here are some of the things that a woman needs when in a relationship with a man:
- To feel loved and accepted for who she really is deep down.
- To feel sexy and attractive in your eyes.
- To be able to look up to you and respect you as her man.
- To feel attracted to you in many different ways.
- To fall more deeply in love with you over time.
- To feel safe that you will guide both you and her to a better future.
- To grow together as a couple, rather than only one person growing and leaving the other behind.
- To always feel feminine in comparison to your masculinity, rather than her becoming the more dominant one or both of you becoming neutral equals.
- To have open communication about everything (you need to lead the way with this by being emotionally strong), rather than feeling as though you and her need to hide things from each other.
- To feel appreciated for the little or big things she does.
- To feel as though she can always count on you to be emotionally strong no matter what and to stick to your word like a man.
- To see that you love her so much that you still put in some occasional effort to be romantic, regardless of how busy your life is.
- To see that you continue to respect her, care about her and have her best interests at heart.
- To be able to laugh and smile with you, regardless of how challenging or stressful life gets.
To be surprised every now and then (e.g. a weekend away, a massage, go out for ice cream, go watch a sunset somewhere relaxing, etc).
- To see that you are willing to compromise on things every now and then, rather than always trying to get your way.
- To feel as though she can trust you to remain faithful, even though you’re an awesome man who other women will flirt with and hit on.
- To feel as though you and her have the same long term goals for the future.
Sounds like a lot, hey?
Well, there’s actually an easier way to look at all the items listed above.
Essentially, keeping a relationship together all boils down to being able to guide both yourself and her into deeper feelings of respect, attraction and love for each other over time.
That’s what really counts.
A relationship will become stuck together with super glue if both you and the woman develop deeper, more meaningful feelings for each other over time.
So, how can you do that and give her what a woman needs in a relationship?
Here are 4 examples of how to do it…
1. Be the Kind of Man That She Can Look Up to and Respect.
One of the most important things in a relationship is for a woman to be able to respect her man.
Without respect, a woman is unable to feel proper attraction for her man and without respect and attraction, she will gradually fall out of love with him.
So, first and foremost, you have to make sure that you are the kind of man that she can continually look up to and respect.
Part of this includes not giving her too much power…
If you give her too much power, she will naturally lose respect for you because you can’t even keep a woman under control.
Women want to be with a man who can handle himself in the world and not get walked all over by challenging people, bad people or bossy people.
If you can handle her at her worst (i.e. when she’s throwing tantrums, being unreasonable, testing your confidence by verbally insulting you), then she believes that you can handle yourself in the world.
As a result, she respects you, feels attracted to you and loves you all the more.
According to the dictionary, the definition of respect is as follows:
Respect (noun): A feeling of deep admiration for someone based on their personal qualities, abilities or achievements.
Here are some examples of things that make a woman lose respect for her man include:
- Being insecure, needy or clingy.
- Belittling her and embarrassing her in front of others.
Using her and the relationship as an excuse to hide from his true potential in life.
- Being jealous, over-protective or suspicious of her.
- Being the kind of guy who regularly breaks his word.
- Being critical of everything she does.
- Being insecure and submissive around other people at work, socially or at family gatherings.
- Trying to control her (e.g. not letting her catch up with friends, forbidding her to wear sexy or revealing clothes, etc).
- Letting her be “the boss” or “wear the pants” in the relationship.
Essentially, to be the sort of man that a woman can continually look up to and respect, you need to make sure that you:
- Remain emotionally strong, rather than becoming insecure.
- Have her back by pointing out good things about her and making her feel confident, rather than belittling her and embarrassing her in front of others.
- Work hard at achieving your biggest ambitions and dreams in life, rather than using her and the relationship as an excuse to hide from his true potential in life.
- Trust her, rather than being jealous, over-protective or suspicious of her. If she breaks that trust, it is her mistake, not yours.
- Be a man of your word, rather than being the kind of guy who regularly breaks his word.
- Focus on her good points, rather than being critical of everything she does.
- Be a confident, self-assured man, rather than being insecure and submissive around other people at work, socially or at family gatherings.
- Let her feel as though she is free to express her true identity and hang out with friends, rather than trying to control her (e.g. not letting her go out with her friends, forbidding her to wear sexy or revealing clothes, etc).
- Maintain your masculine position in the relationship (i.e. you lead the way as the man), rather than letting her be “the boss” or “wear the pants” in the relationship.
Respect is essential for keeping a relationship together.
It’s very easy for a guy to be really nice and get a woman to respect him in the early part of a dating relationship, but if that’s just an act to get her into a relationship, his true colors will soon show and she will begin to lose respect for him.
Unlike in the past where women had to stay in a loveless relationship for life because it was shameful to break up or get divorced, most women today will gladly break up with a guy they don’t respect, love and feel attracted to.
It might suck to hear that, but it’s actually a good thing.
The pressure that we men are now under is turning us into wiser, stronger and more truly loving men who can give a woman what she really wants and needs from a relationship.
In the past, men didn’t have to worry about women and simply married one, made her pregnant and expected her to cook, clean and take care of the children.
In today’s world, we men actually have to know how to deepen a woman’s respect, attraction and love over time, otherwise we end up as yet another break up or divorce statistic.
2. Lead Both of You to a Better Future Together.
Even though today’s modern woman usually has her own job or career, makes her own money and can usually buy most of the things she wants for herself, most women (not all) still like to know that the guy they are with, will be able to take care of her and guide both him and her towards a better future.
This doesn’t mean she expects him to do all the work, but most women in a relationship need to know that their man is the one who is making sure that they will be reaching their future goals together as a couple.
After all, if she is like most women, she wants to be feminine, which means that she isn’t going to be as emotionally consistent and strong as a masculine man.
For example: A masculine man will make sure that they stay on track to buy a house together, rather than use all their savings on frivolous things like going out to expensive dinners every week or buying too many clothes, shoes, or other things that they can do without for now.
Of course, some women are great at saving, staying on track and sticking to a budget, but if a woman doesn’t have that ability (i.e. because she gets excited while walking around a shopping mall and wants to buy everything in sight), she needs a man who can allow a little bit of luxury at times, but will be the sensible one who keeps them on track to achieving their future goals.
Another example is where a guy will continue improving his qualifications so that he can get a better job, which will then provide a better future for both of them.
This then allows the woman to give up on her career if she suddenly decides that she wants to be a mother, because her man is rising through the levels of his potential and putting himself in a position where he can be a better provider.
Alternatively, he might also encourage his woman to carry on with her studies, so that she can accomplish her goals and they can have a better life together in the future, rather than only focusing on partying and having fun.
When your woman can see that you are rising through the levels of life, while also encouraging her to become the best she can be, her feelings of love, respect and attraction for you will grow and she will feel happy to be in a relationship with you.
Of course, the roles of men and women are different. Just because you are rising through the levels of your potential as a man, that doesn’t mean that you can demand the same of her.
Although many women build up their own career these days, most women eventually get to a point where they want to stop running in the rat race and become a mother instead.
She might make that shift when she is 22, 32 or if she leaves it very late, when she’s hit 40 and suddenly realizes that if she doesn’t try to have a baby now, she will never be able to become a mother.
Whatever happens and whatever the woman decides now or in the future, she wants to know that she can rely on you to lead both you and her to a better life together as the years go on.
3. Follow Through on Your Goals and Ambitions.
It’s only natural that when you are in love with a woman, (especially at the beginning of a relationship when everything is new and exciting), that you’re going to want to spend as much time with her as possible.
The sex is so new, fresh and interesting and the conversations that you have are enjoyable because you’re falling in love, happy to be around each other and learning more and more about each other all the time.
However, in a relationship with a woman, problems will begin to emerge if a guy stops focusing on other areas of his life and instead focus all his attention on her.
Although a woman might initially love the feeling of being the center of her man’s world, she will want it to calm down eventually and will want to see him put just as much focus on achieving his biggest goal and ambitions in life.
If he doesn’t calm down and take a more balanced approach, behavior that was initially seen as sweet or cute (e.g. when he showers her with gifts, takes her out on romantic dates, hangs around her every spare minute he gets, etc), will quickly begin to seem needy, clingy, jealous or insecure.
Of course, there are some women who love to have a man at their beck and call and to cater to their every whim, but most women hate it.
What a woman needs in a relationship is to know that she is loved and valued by her man, but he also has a lot more going on in his life than just her. He’s not hiding from his true potential as a man now that he’s scored himself a girlfriend, fiancé or wife. He’s pushing forward in life like a man.
A woman wants to know that her man is excited about his own life and is working towards achieving his goals and making his dreams come true, while still being able to give her the time, attention, love and support she needs to accomplish her goals too.
If you give up your old friends, give up your interests or stop pursuing important life goals just to spend time with her, she’s going to gradually lose respect for you because of it.
4. Make Her Feel Loved, Appreciated and Sexy in Your Presence.
At the beginning of a relationship, a man and a woman will usually find it difficult to keep their hands off each other.
Based on this physical passion and attraction, a woman will know that her man is attracted to her, appreciates her, finds her sexy and wants to be with her.
Yet, over time, some guys make the mistake of continually pointing out any physical flaws (e.g. if she puts on a bit of weight, has pimples, is getting wrinkles, etc), rather than continuing to look at her as being sexy no matter what.
The couples who are still attracted to each other even after decades of being together have a dynamic where they still look at each other as being sexy and attractive.
Of course, this is all a matter of perspective and is comes from what I call, the Love Goggles.
Essentially, when you’re truly in love with a woman (and she’s truly in love with you), both of you will look at each other’s physical appearance in a positive light. You have Love Goggles on, so you focus on feeling good about the things that you like, love, admire and respect about each other.
Rather than focusing on any negatives about each other, you will feel turned on to have sex with each other based on the loving attraction you feel.
It will feel amazing to kiss each other, your heart will flood with feelings of happiness when you cuddle up on the couch and you will mean it when you say, “I love you.”
So, how do you get to that point with a woman?
You’ve got to be able to guide both you and her into deeper feelings of love, respect and attraction over time.
Respect + Attraction + Love = A Happy Relationship
A big part of what a woman wants in a relationship is to be able to look up to you and feel proud to be your girlfriend, fiancé or wife.
When you continue to deepen her feelings by being the best man you can be (e.g. by following through on your promises, pursuing your dreams and ambitions, supporting her and making her feel feminine in comparison to your masculinity), not only will your woman be happy in her relationship with you, she will feel so much love and respect for you that she will never want to let you go.