If you were to take a poll asking people who they think is the coolest guy in the world, you would probably come up with hundreds or possibly thousands of different answers.
This is because being cool means different things to different people and in different cultures.
To be cool can simply be defined as the ability to maintain a state of inner peace, to be comfortable with oneself and to have a relaxed approach to life in general, and to women in particular.
What Are the Qualities That Make a Guy Cool?
Before we can even think about who might be the coolest guy in the world, we first have to define what makes a guy cool.
Although there are certain characteristics of cool that are endemic to specific people and cannot be successfully copied by others, there is a list of qualities that applies to most cool guys.
- A guy who is considered as being cool is always a hit with the ladies; regardless of whether he is good looking, rich or famous.
- A guy who is considered as being cool is an alpha male; this means that in a group of men he is the one who stands out the most because he has presence and because he is a leader.
- A cool guy has confidence and high self esteem; he believes in himself and in his abilities and he knows his worth and his place in the world.
- A cool guy is mentally and emotionally strong; he knows what he wants and he goes out and gets it. You will never see him waiting for a woman he likes to choose him; he chooses her.
- A guy who is cool is a great conversationalist, especially when talking to women. He knows exactly what to say and how to say it to draw people, and especially women, out and make them open up to him.
- A cool guy has mastered the art of flirting; he knows how to use both words and body language to seduce a woman until she is weak at the knees.
- A cool guy has purpose and direction; he knows what he wants to achieve in his life, and makes every effort to accomplish his goals.
- A cool guy knows how to make a woman feel like a real woman; he is charming, funny and interesting.
Finally, and probably the most important point of all; a cool guy is totally and completely comfortable with himself.
He doesn’t need to wear the latest fashions, drive the latest cars or live in the trendiest neighborhoods to be cool; he is cool because he likes himself and doesn’t need anyone else’s approval.
So, Who is the Coolest Guy in the World?
Anyone can be the coolest guy in their social scene, but when it comes to the coolest guy in the world, we can only look at the guys who personify the qualities mentioned above; the rest is only opinion.
Based on popular opinion, some of the coolest guys in the word, both past and present, include:
A list of the coolest guys in the world cannot be complete without mentioning “the King of Rock and Roll”. If there was ever a man who personified “cool” it was Elvis.
His way with the ladies was legendary and, arguably, no one has come close to oozing charm and charisma they way he did.
Elvis Presley was an alpha male through and through and is a good example of a man who was supremely self confident, had drive and motivation, and was totally comfortable being himself. Even when he became addicted to drugs and started putting on weight, he still maintained his charm and he never lost his touch with the ladies.
Robert Redford is 77 years old and yet he is still regarded as one of the most charismatic and sexiest men in the world. Not only is he an actor, he is also a businessman, a producer, a film director, a passionate environmentalist and a philanthropist and he is also the founder of the Sundance Film Festival.
Still active in movies as an actor, director and even a narrator, he continues to be a man who commands respect. His appeal with the ladies has not waned with age and neither has his confidence and personal drive. He is a man who although understated, commands attention.
Brad Pitt is cool because of the way he morphs. He can change his look to suite any role, whether in real life or on screen, and his boyish good looks and consummate charm keep him firmly in the limelight.
However, he is not cool because he is famous; he is cool because he is so completely relaxed with himself. Although he has often been regarded as the sexiest man in the world, he is equally comfortable in an Armani suit at the Oscars as he is wearing jeans and a T shirt and playing with his kids. As for his appeal with the ladies… that goes without saying.
This man is all charm. He ran himself into the record books as the fastest man on earth, and his flamboyant style and theatrical sense of humor has made people world wide fall in love with him.
He is someone who walks and talks with confidence and there is no doubt that he believes in himself and in his abilities; he certainly knows his worth and his place in the world. His charm is so great that women swoon over him from the stands at every track event all around the world. If you’re looking for cool then look no further than Usain Bolt.
For a man who died at the age of 32 Bruce Lee has left behind a legend that is phenomenal. Not only was he widely regarded as one of the best and most influential Martial Artists who ever lived, having also founded the art of Jeet Kune Do, he was also the 1958 Hong Kong Cha cha champion.
He was an actor, a film maker and a Martial Arts instructor as well as a philosopher. He is credited with helping change how Asians were portrayed in American films and many actors, musicians, athletes and even philosophers and artists regard him as one of the most influential figures from the 20th century.
As a man Bruce Lee was confident, disciplined and supremely driven. His charisma and charm seduces people (and women) even today.
Of course this list can go on and on without ending; men such as Sir Richard Branson, Christopher Reeve, George Clooney, Richard Gere, etc, are other examples of men who made, and still make, their mark in the world.
As for picking just one guy to be the coolest guy in the world… that would simply be impossible.